Reasons for Skilled Nursing
Marycrest Manor offers both short and long-term skilled nursing care on a 24/7 basis. Safety, wellness, proper physical care and spiritual support are important considerations when evaluating what type of care will best serve your needs or those of a loved one. The following are some indications that there may be a need for skilled nursing care:
- A need for restorative and rehabilitative care following surgery or other hospitalization in order to transition safely home or to a lower level of care.
- Declining self-care that affects dressing, meal preparation, managing medications, toileting, making appoints, etc.
- Difficulty standing alone and/or getting into and out of bed alone.
- Health issues and growing concerns like memory loss
- High fall risk
- Substantial safety concerns
- The need for respite care to provide relief for usual caregivers
Our professional and compassionate staff are ready to help you determine if skilled nursing is the best level of care for your present need.