It takes many hands to keep Marycrest Manor running smoothly, day in and day out. With a capacity for 57 residents, we have almost 100 staff members who work together to make sure our residents are well fed physically, tended to emotionally and enriched spiritually. There are many ways our staff serve: whether tending our beautiful gardens and caring for our facilities, providing bedside service to our residents, playing games and visiting with them, keeping our facility clean, preparing healthy food, keeping our supplies stocked and organized, training and supporting our nursing staff, or making sure we are implementing the best practices for care in the current healthcare environment… no matter what the day to day role of our staff, it takes each person’s unique contribution to fulfill our mission to be at the Service of the Family for Life.
Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence: these are the core values that provide a foundation for our work together as we provide high-quality care for our residents, respecting the dignity of each person. As Carmelite Sisters, we continually work to instill our values and our mission in our staff and are blessed to have dedicated lay staff who share our dedication. Together, we are always growing, integrating our values more and more into our interactions with our residents and with one another. We are truly grateful for the staff members who embody the vision of Marycrest and live out our core values, putting their hearts into the work they do each day.
We value our employees. They are the men and women who enable us to provide quality care and services to our elders. We hold the dignity of our employees in the highest regard and fully recognize their merits and the value of their contributions. It is our mission to ensure that they succeed by providing the resources they need to uphold their commitment to excellence. If you are looking to serve in a place where our residents are genuinely loved and respected, we hope you will consider applying for a position in our organization.
Our staff at Marycrest Manor comprises licensed professionals, para-professionals, dietary, activity, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, and office personnel.
For questions regarding open positions, please contact our Human Resources Coordinator:
Quiana Pipion – 310-838-2778 x 200
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide each of your residents with daily nursing care and restorative services in accordance with the physician’s order, resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your Resident Care Coordinator and Resident Care Supervisors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- GED certification or high school diploma.
- Must be currently certified by the State of California for Long-Term Care Facilities as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and Restorative Nursing Assistant (RNA)
- Current state certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Computer literacy in Windows and Web based
programs including, but not limited to, all Microsoft Office programs. Working knowledge in the use of the Electronic Charting system.
The primary purpose of your job is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by resident care assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Resident Care Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must possess current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Must have current IV certification.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently in a manner that can be clearly understood by others.
- Must have Computer literacy in Windows and Web based programs including, but not limited to, all Microsoft Office programs. Working knowledge in the use of the Electronic Charting system.
Dietary Aide (part time)
The general purpose of this job is to prepare food items for resident meals and other activities that are not the direct responsibility of the cook.
- Minimum of High School Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years food preparation experience in a healthcare facility
- At least 18 years of age
- Read, write, speak and understand English at a high school level.
- Active Serve Safe Certification.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays.
- Interpret menu and perform basic math.